Heating System Maintenance
Home Furnace & Heat Pump Tune-Ups near Lexington & Columbia, SC
How do you ensure your furnace, the large appliance that keeps you and your family warm and comfortable all winter long, is ready to work after a long summer’s break? Schedule an annual tune-up service with Carolina Conditions! We have helped hundreds of homeowners near Columbia and Lexington, SC with their furnace maintenance to get their systems up and ready for winter, and we are ready to help with yours!
During heating maintenance, technicians typically undertake various tasks. Below is a brief selection, though not exhaustive, of common procedures:
- Inspection and Cleaning of Components: This involves examining and cleaning furnace or heat pump components, such as burners, coils, and heat exchangers.
- Replacement of Filters: Air filters are replaced or cleaned to uphold proper airflow and maintain indoor air quality.
- Testing of Thermostat: Technicians verify thermostat functionality and calibrate it if necessary to ensure precise temperature control.
- Examination of Electrical Connections: Electrical connections are inspected and tightened to prevent malfunctions and uphold safety standards.
- Lubrication of Moving Parts: Lubricant is applied to moving parts to diminish friction and prolong component lifespan.
Homeowners can undertake several tasks to maintain their heating systems:
- Regular Filter Replacement: Replace air filters every 1-3 months to ensure proper airflow and indoor air quality.
- Keep Vents Clear: Ensure vents and registers are unblocked to promote efficient air distribution.
- Monitor Thermostat Settings: Set temperatures wisely to avoid unnecessary strain on the system.
- Inspect for Signs of Damage: Regularly check for unusual noises, odors, or performance issues and promptly address them.
- Schedule Professional Maintenance: Arrange annual inspections and maintenance with HVAC professionals for thorough system checks and tune-ups.
To maintain your heating system's efficiency and longevity, schedule a maintenance appointment at least once a year. Ideally, arrange it before the heating season begins, typically in fall. This timing ensures that your system operates smoothly during colder months when it's most needed. However, you may need more frequent maintenance depending on the system's age, usage, and manufacturer recommendations. Consult with HVAC professionals for personalized advice tailored to your heating system's needs and your home's specific conditions.
With our HVAC maintenance service, not only will your furnace be raring to go once the temperature drops, but it will work better than ever before.
Why Is HVAC Maintenance So Essential?
Regular maintenance service is essential to the life of your furnace for a number of reasons, including:
- Warranty Terms - You may want to read the fine-print of your furnace product warranty. Most say that they are only valid with regular service. Don’t let your warranty be voided because you miss a maintenance visit.
- Safety - For gas furnaces especially, you want to make sure that your furnace is running as safely as possible. Our maintenance service includes a thorough inspection of your furnace, ensuring that everything is working as it should before you have to run it after a long break.
- Prevention - Did you know that it’s estimated that at least 75% of all furnace repairs could have been avoided with regular maintenance? Our service solves problems before they start!
Join Our HVAC Savings Club!
We’re excited to offer membership to the hottest club in town! Well, the one that will do the best to keep your house nice and warm, that is. Our Carolina Conditions Savings Club includes regular maintenance on your furnace, plus a number of other perks and benefits. We can even combine it with other home service maintenance, like plumbing, electrical and more! Sign up today!
Ready To Schedule Your Service?
Not convinced you need your Lexington area furnace serviced yet? Please connect with us today at 803-233-7172 and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions or educate you further on the maintenance visit. Or, if you are ready to schedule, contact us online today!