Residential Heating System Installation near Lexington & Columbia, SC
For impeccable HVAC installation services on a new heating system near Columbia, SC, contact the team at Carolina Conditions! Our furnace replacement and installation services are precise and thorough, ensuring your new furnace is installed the right way the first time.
In addition, with our price-matching guarantee, you can rest assured that the cost you pay is the most reasonable for a furnace replacement near Lexington SC!
Furnace Replacement & Installation FAQs
The kind of furnace you choose for your home heating system determines equipment expenses. Low-efficiency versions are less expensive, however they result in greater energy costs. High-efficiency versions are more expensive, but they save more in the long run. Gas furnaces range in price from $1,360 for low-efficiency versions to $12,500 for high-efficiency ones. Electric furnaces start at $395 and may cost up to $1,700 or more, depending on the brand and size of the furnace.
- Determine the square footage in your home. You may be able to locate the number written down someplace, or you may have to measure it yourself. Use a tape measure to calculate the length and breadth of a room on your own. Multiply those figures to find the square footage of that room. Repeat for each room and corridor, then sum them all together.
- Multiply your square footage by 20. This will give you the basic BTUs you should look for in a new HVAC system.
- Add 100 BTUs for each person living in the home.
- Add 1000 BTUs for each window and exterior door.
This will give you a pretty accurate idea of what size HVAC system you need for your home, but you’ll need to have a professional HVAC technician do a load calculation to determine the exact size HVAC unit you’ll need to heat and cool your home.
When deciding whether to repair or replace your home heating seating, the first aspect to examine is the age of your system. A furnace has an average lifespan of 15-20 years; beyond that, the system begins to malfunction more frequently. Repairs are your best bet if your furnace is less than ten years old. If the unit is 12 years old or more, it's time to think about replacing it. Consult a professional if your furnace is more than ten years old and giving you problems.
Need a new system but want to pay in installments? Check out our convenient financing options now!
Free Estimates Available
Carolina Conditions is happy to provide complimentary quotes on a new heating system. Just contact us and one of our technicians will provide you with a few different options on a new furnace or heat pump.
We make sure to take precise measurements of your house and any notes of cold or hot rooms that may have climate control issues in order to provide you with different comfort ideas and solutions. Connect with us today at 803-233-7172 to learn more!
Choosing a New Heating System
It can be a little overwhelming trying to decide on which system would be best for your home. When it’s time to replace your furnace or heat pump, make sure to consider the following things:
- Efficiency - Heating systems use a similar rating system as air conditioners, but instead of SEER, furnaces employ AFUE, which stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. In our milder area compared to other parts of the country, a new system with an AFUE of at least 90% should be chosen for the best energy efficiency.
- Size - Bigger is not always better. For instance, if you have a furnace installed in your house that is sized incorrectly, even one that should be used for a larger home, it will not function properly and will need to be replaced sooner. It is essential that you have an expert measure your home’s square footage and unique heating needs in order to provide you with the right size furnace.
Investing in Your New Heating System
Our goal is to create long term client relationships. We understand that every dollar is important. That is why we invest some of the cost of a new furnace for you.
With our Carolina Conditions Savings Club Membership, we put a portion of the membership dues into a savings account for you to use later on a new system. So not only are you improving the functionality of your current system, you’re investing in a new one at the same time!
Home Comfort Starts Here
One of our experienced team members will be happy to help schedule your complimentary consultation. We look forward to helping you and your family stay warm and cozy this winter!