Crawl Space Encapsulation
Full Protection For Your Lexington, SC Area Crawlspace
When conditions are very humid in your crawl space and you need extra protection against the elements to keep that area dry, a crawl space encapsulation service may be the best option for you. Carolina Conditions provides full residential crawl space protection services including encapsulation in the Lexington, SC area to keep your crawl space dry and protected for many years.
Did you know that crawl space encapsulation can last up to 20 years? This long-lasting installation can even help increase your home’s selling value!
Encapsulation Vs. Vapor Barriers
When it comes to crawl space services, you may be wondering how encapsulation differs from vapor barriers. An encapsulation is a service that covers the ground, walls and ceiling of a crawlspace in a heavy thick plastic. This plastic is sealed tight around each corner and edge. Usually working in tandem with a crawl space dehumidifier, encapsulation is an all encompassing protection of the crawl space area.
Vapor barriers, in contrast, do not provide full protection in a crawl space. With this service, heavy plastic is placed on the floor of a crawl space and secured there, coming to each edge of the space. The floors and ceilings are left as-is.
Benefits Of Encapsulation
- Better Air Quality Above - A crawl space can be a humid place, and when that humidity seeps upwards through the floorboards, your home can feel uncomfortable. With encapsulation it is hard for moisture to penetrate the area above the crawl space due to the heavy plastic lining, keeping conditions much more comfortable.
- Mold & Mildew Prevention - It is almost impossible for mold and mildew to grow on the thick plastic liner used to encapsulate a crawl space. What a relief not to have to worry about harmful mold and mildew penetrating your home and the air you breathe!
- Protects Foundation - Because the encapsulation removes moisture from the crawl space, it cannot do any damage to the piers and beams of your foundation. This service protects your foundation from water damage, rot and pests that love soft wood.
- Deters Critters & Insects - Speaking of pests, you won’t have to worry about any problems with animals or bugs living in your crawl space when it is encapsulated. This also means your termite risk will significantly drop.
- Better Energy Efficiency - With an encapsulated crawl space not letting humid air into your home, it’s almost like another layer of insulation is wrapped around your structure. Encapsulation helps keep humid air out and climate controlled air in, which in turn makes heating and cooling your home much easier for your system. You’re going to love the savings on your power bill!
Great Service Even Below Your Home
If you are interested in learning more about the cost and benefits of crawl space encapsulation, give us a call today at 803-233-7172 . We’ll take the time to explain the process and answer all of your questions. We look forward to hearing from you soon!