Money Saving Kitchen Tips
Check Your Kitchen Appliances
If your refrigerator has an anti-sweat feature, use only if necessary. Refrigerators work to cool your food but they also heat the area around the door seal to prevent condensation (anti-sweat feature). Using the anti-sweat feature requires 5% to 10% more energy. If your refrigerator has a power-saving switch that limits the amount of time the anti-sweat feature is enabled, use it. Turn it off if you don’t need it!
Tips & Advice for Refrigerators
- Clean refrigerator coils annually.
- Set the refrigerator temperature to 35º – 37ºF and the freezer temperature to 0º – 5ºF.
- Make sure gaskets around the door seal tightly.
- Let hot food cool before storing in the refrigerator.
Tips for Microwave & Stoves
- Use your microwave for cooking when possible.
- When cooking on a stove, use pot lids to help food cook faster.
- If you are heating water, use hot tap water instead of cold water.
Advice for Garbage Disposals & Dishwashers
- Use cold water for the garbage disposal.
- Rinse dirty dishes with cold water before putting them into the dishwasher.
- Run the dishwasher only when it is full.
- Use the air-dry cycle instead of the heat-dry cycle on your dishwasher.
When you have questions about your kitchen plumbing systems near Columbia think of the local plumbers at Carolina Conditions for all your plumbing service needs.Maintenance Letters on HVAC When You Purchase a Home » « Money Saving Tips on Your Laundry