Five Reasons to Get a Generator
Whole Home Generator Installation
Power outages can be a major inconvenience in South Carolina. They can last for hours, days or even weeks, and they can be costly if you’re not prepared. Inclement weather isn’t the only way the lights go out, animals, automobile accidents and utility failures can also cause a blackout. Investing in a home generator can help make being without power more bearable.
Standby generators start automatically when the power goes out, giving you peace of mind your food won’t spoil and you’ll be free from bumping your toe against the furniture.
Why Should I Buy a Generator?
Aside from not being able to control the weather, here are a few other reasons you should consider installing a generator to power your Columbia area home in the event of a power outage.
- You work from home. If you work out of your home, you know every minute counts, and going without power for even an hour can be a major inconvenience to you and your customers.
- Someone in your home relies on an electrically powered medical device. If someone in your home requires the assistance of a home medical device that runs on electricity, a power outage could be deadly. A generator can help keep those devices running.
- You have well water. Without electricity, your well pump and filtration systems will quickly lose the ability to provide fresh, safe and usable water to your home.
- Food spoils quickly. According to the FDA, perishable food items should be thrown out once your refrigerator has been without power for as little as four hours.
- You have a sump pump. If you rely on a sump pump to keep your basement or crawlspace dry, losing power means you also lose protection against water damage in those areas.
There’s no doubt, power outages can bring a variety of problems for homeowners. Having a standby generator installed at your home can be a saving grace the next time an unexpected loss of power occurs.
Standby Generator Installers near Columbia
It is also important to have a licensed electrician install your whole home standby generator. Installing a generator is a substantial project that if done wrong, can affect more than just you. The dangers of doing it yourself can include back-feeding the grid, wiring it wrong and damaging the equipment itself.
It is always best to hire a professional rather than doing it yourself.
Being proactive by calling Carolina Conditions to help you choose the best generator for your Columbia area home is a smart way to get ahead of the next storm or incidental loss of power. We can help you pick the best generator for your home and install it for you too. We want to help you keep the lights on, the refrigerator chill and your life moving during a power outage.5 Benefits Of Cleaning Your Air Ducts » « Why is My Air Conditioner Blowing Warm Air?